Stephen G. Pereira, M.D. and Associates specializes in abdominal, gastrointestinal, and hernia surgical procedures.
The diagrams below illustrate the differences between the various types of surgical procedures we offer. Our physicians will discuss your options and your specific case to determine the best approach for for you.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery, Robotic Surgery
and the Procedures We Offer:
- Smaller incisions, which reduces pain and shortens recovery time, as well as resulting in less postoperative scarring and improved cosmetic results.
- Less pain, leading to less pain medication needed.
- Hospital stay is less, and often with a same day discharge which leads to a faster return to everyday living and quicker return to work.
- Reduced complications including decreased risk of acquiring infections.
- Reduced hemorrhaging, which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
Dr. Pereira offers a wide array of minimally invasive and laparoscopic surgical procedures including:
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Laparoscopic Heller Myotomy
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Stomach Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colon Resection
- Biopsies & Dissections
To learn more about our surgical procedures, call (201) 343-3433 or request an appointment online.